throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


nofilters
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 @ 7/08/2015 02:41:00 AM

london is barbaric. i guess im not going to live there anymore. or at least that was the plan. I havent been blooging for so long because i haventbeen able to write for so long but if it helps, traveling to london i have brought a total of 5 books, Rimbaud's hell, Albert Calmus's the fall, Lena Dunham's Not that kind of girl, a mystery thriller and a slim pink poetry book from an unknown poet. reading inspires writing and writing inspires reading and so forth. running helps meto survive in between. the weather is getting better. or worse. let's just say i had too high expectations for london and it turns out to be exactly the same as Singapore except with snobbish Brits and unbearable heat.

i watched The Prestige yesterday and i am reevaluating Nolan's work now. I really loved that film from him although momento and inception were meh for me. its making me think about the concept of obsession and sacrifice now.

i guess the best part of the london trip was that i was alone and really able to do tons of lit-ish stuff that brings out the crazy fan girl in me. visiting the Plath's grave at Hepstonstall was a high for me. it really was nice to get out form the hustle and bustle of city life and just go on to a small town (you have no idea how small it is. the population is smaller than Crescent and the place was just so out of the way that and every cottage so sparsely spread out i felt like i was in another dimension of the universe that was enchanted.

also meeting taky and mandy was da best.

life's pretty chill now.

ice lollies. sunny days in sweden. ootds. no worries. no fantasies. just livin life like bitch have no money. cheap thrills, cycling in the forests. kite flying maybe its time to take a swim in the lake. i dont know. i dont care. fucking wind whips on my face. its so chilly i gotta blow my nose which drips like faucet thanks to the lack of sleep in the uk. ireland and scotland rocks my socks. took a ferry to cross from england to ireland. wish i had more energy to appreciate it rather than spend time sleeping like a log.

i would think that coming to Europe would made me find out more about myself but actually it only opens up more new questions. i am in a more unstable state than i ever was. but i guess im better at rolling with this shit. hell yes to new things and changes and dangers.