throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Gothenburg Gaza: a school trip for journalism class
Friday, March 13, 2015 @ 3/13/2015 06:55:00 AM

Bolivian classmate from Journalism module. Taken on our school trip to the "Gothenburg Gaza" basically their Geylang area where there are mainly immigrants residing there. 

Inside a Turkish mosque. 

"We live in cities, you never see on the screen. Not very pretty but we sure know how to run things. Living in a ruins of a palace within my dreams" - Team, Lorde

Class ended. I continued walking around with Korean friend, Y. Tucked inside a factory is a cozy Palestine restaurant. Yum. 

Inside a Toy Warehouse. Sexism1101E?

Y left after awhile. I guess she got bored of seeing such uninteresting stuff. I thought it was fantastic and I went crazy in an Antique store alone.



I entered my first sex shop here in Sweden. No photography of course. Pretty entertaining considering I was the only female there plus my Asian hair was a dead giveaway to the "otherness". Strangely, I didnt feel uncomfortable at all -men were being extra gentlemanly and always move sharply away if they know I want to see a particular section of the shop.  The shopkeeper asked me if I needed help in Swedish and I mumbled "English please no I'm looking around HAHAHA".

I really love visiting forgotten towns and abandoned places. Rows and rows of factories that do not appear to be what they seem. It looks like nothing on the outside but on the inside, it is anything but hollow. So many stories, so much energy and the people all know one another. The spirit of community lingers as the government bulldozed across their land for redevelopment. Dying trades, closing business. Slightly shady place but I never felt threatened