throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Notes on 2014/2015
Thursday, January 1, 2015 @ 1/01/2015 11:54:00 PM

1. I spend the first hour of 2015 eating Ben and Jerry's and watching art auctions in my jammies. This says a lot to me about me. I am finally making peace with my body and embracing the #artgeek in me wholeheartedly.

2. This is followed by intense reading of The Unbearable Lightness of Being which is a fucking awesome book.

3. Social media makes my life feels more exciting than it really is. It is a lie! A lie! I must be conscious of the deliberate curating of my supposedly poignant "life moments" and not actually be deceived by it. It is all bread and circus until the music stops.

4. 2014 is characterized by external changes and movements. 2015 is going to characterized by internal changes and movements and hopefully, with good faith and common sense, achieving a balance between the two worlds.

5. I know I am going to love 2015 because it is going to hurt.With the cracks on my soul and purposeful vulnerability of my heart, I reach for something quiet, in search for purity or some form of the unknown, I seek for a reconciliation between the world of make believe and my world of make believe.

6. I am going to learn yoga.

7. I am going to write and take photos more often.

8. 2014 was a turning point for me academically and socially but a step backwards in terms of essential personal development.

9. James Joyce is a nutter and Virginia Woolf is my savior. I spend more time worshiping authors than studying about them. However, I also understand that it is a phase and I will gradually phase out of it and hopefully it will be a time when I look at an author (dead or alive) squarely in the eye and say, "Your work is fabulous, it helped me so much and it is now time I give something back in return and contribute back to our vision."

10. I need to read more and make decisions faster.

11. Trust myself more.

12. Trust others sometimes.

13. The matter of timing is always tricky and yet so important. We can only wait for it or artificially accelerate it by dancing in one's own room. Nope. I am going to, at the very least, take full advantage of time to do the things I want to do.

14. I officially love Lorde, Taylor Swift and Lena Dunham.

15. Twilight really ain't that bad. 50 Shades of Grey remains questionable (we shall see how the movie goes in 2015).

16. I plan to read 22 books in 6 months. So far, I have already completed 2.