throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Sunday, October 5, 2014 @ 10/05/2014 12:38:00 PM

These days I'm getting a sense that there is something inherently wrong in the world and it fucking hurts me to know that I can't do a single thing about it. Air Strikes in Syria, Protests in HongKong and Whatever Happened in Hong Lim Park.

I feel so helpless. And drained. Because on top of all this happening outside the world, I'm living in my own bubble, rushing assignments, meeting people, doing my stuff and I just wish I just wish there is something I can do more. Like I dont even know what I can do and I feel so useless and yet at the same time knowledge of so much sufferings out there makes me feel even more propelled to be less useless in whatever ways I can. I think it is just me. I always have a tendency to cry when I read newspapers. I have no idea WTF man. 

The mess in Syria is just so darn confusing too because it seems to start way back in 2001 (?!) and there is so much conflicting news out there and so much news in general... I can't even process. I just know that there is something fundamentally wrong and I don't even know who is right and who is wrong and sometimes I'm just like screw that I dont even care who is right and who is wrong. Then I open up Facebook to cheer myself up and I get an even greater flood of information in one endless page....and I see my playwriting tutor getting married and I feel like all is not lost in humanity. 

I'm suppose to be reading The Mills on the Floss now or Frankenstein. Instead, I am reading Lana Del Ray's think pieces. Any recommendation of music? 

They say I'm too young to love you,
they say I'm too dumb to see
They judge me like a picture book
By the colours like they forgot to read

I think we're like fire and water
I think we're like the wind and sea
You're burning up and I'm cooling down
You're up I'm down. 

Brooklyn Baby - Lana Del Ray 

I love this song from her but I think the artist has serious issues to resolve. On NYT music critic describes her as "campy" and I totally agree. I'm totally following taylor swift's tumblr as well and am considering to abandon Blogger for Tumblr. Just an errant thought. 

Oranges Are not the Only Fruit turns out to be quite touching on the second reading. I died for all my mid terms and the future looks bleak. My literature MCQ had 8 options and some of the answers were "dr a made it up to torture us" which I regret to say, I selected this option as an answer because I utterly have not a single clue what options a-g were about. 

1. 3000 word essay (start soon or die when the month ends) 
2. 2 group projects (love of my life stop asking me to lie) 
3. 1 more mid term in two weeks time. 

C recently started dating and I am so thrilled for her. I honestly thought I will be even a tiniest bit sad for myself or something but for that friend she really deserves it and I'm glad she found love :D things like this cheers me up a lot. 

Happy Sunday everyone :)