throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


list of fears
Saturday, September 27, 2014 @ 9/27/2014 11:03:00 PM

Today, a friend of mine asked me, 'why are the fonts in your computer's screen so large'.

I told her I fear I am going blind.

It is true -to say the very least- that I am certain of this and that it is very real. At the rate that I am using my smartphone, laptop and iPad, I don't dare to think what can happen to my eyes. I fear losing my sense of sight. I think this is largely link to the fact that it means I won't be able to read anymore and that is unbearable to contemplate. It also means that I won't be able to appreciate Nature's majestic sceneries and that is also extremely heartbreaking for me.

Here is a list of fears I've discovered about myself:

1. Fear of immediate family dying.
2. Fear of doing incomplete work. That is, planning to do something and never accomplishing it only to regret forever in life.
3. Fear of going blind.
4. Fear of dying alone. I am actually surprised that this is ranked number four but I think blindness outweigh singlehood and a life filled with regret outweighs blindness and so on...

Of course, there are other fears which have not been discovered yet nonetheless, those mentioned above are good enough to keep me fearful for some time. I think it is good to keep a record and use it to scare yourself so you can be mentally prepared to combat them should the situation arises.

I think I should stop being neurotic and get back to work. Did I mention that this week turned out to be a "die week" for me? The "doing" part somehow just crumbled into dusts.