throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
Friday, August 29, 2014 @ 8/29/2014 05:30:00 PM

Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.
...
And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair—
...

Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

I am reassessing my dislike for Eliot. My prof described Prufrock (that is the persona of the above poem) as a procrastinating indecisive prick whom does not get anything done but spend time deciding what to do. I am more sympathetic of him for a very good reason. Time for you and time for me.