throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Radiation Rap
Monday, August 4, 2014 @ 8/04/2014 08:31:00 PM

I am so upset about so many things right now the only thing
that makes me feel remotely sane,
is to keep calm and read on -
and I escape from my horrible situations
and I transport myself elsewhere
and suddenly, the world seems so much better
than it is in reality when it keeps going against me
and I keep going against it.

Yet the noises never stop
and they keep coming
and pushing
and the pressure keeps building
and I am incapable of anything except
to pretend that I am fine
except I am not fine.

I am tired at myself and tired of being upset and angry
so my energy cracks and fizzles
like the million little stars above the skies
that keeps on burning bright,
I ask, O stars! Why you twinkle so bright?
Aren't you ever tired especially at the night?
But I get no replies because,
well of course I don't
because damn it they're stars
-their only job is to burn and be bright like a star

and I wonder how hard is it
or how easy it is
for their life to stay put
and simply be themselves and already they are bright
against the pitch-dark universe,
already they stand out.

So I think, hang on I want to be a star!
That's when the stars align and I try to figure out the answers.
So I write to figure out to how to get the answers
and I realize that I get my answers
as I am writing,
for the words align in my head
and suddenly,
I burn very brightly

not on the outside but slowly from the inside
and this burning energy intensifies
and I burn and burn and burn
and suddenly I am unhappy no more
because there is no more emotions for me to burn anymore,
but I keep on writing anyway because that is the only thing I know how to do as a human
and the stars above wonder how's life below for me and the billions of humans below.

Written in angst but ended with a smile :) It started as a paragraph below but I broke them down into a poem. I am a horrid poet though so I decided to maintain its original paragraph form.

I am so upset about so many things right now the only thing that makes me feel remotely sane, is to keep calm and read on -and I escape from my horrible situations and I transport myself elsewhere and suddenly, the world seems so much better than it is in reality when it keeps going against me and I keep going against it. Yet the noises never stop and they keep coming and pushing and the pressure keeps building and I am incapable of anything except to pretend that I am fine except I am not fine. I am tired at myself and tired of being upset and angry so my energy cracks and fizzles like the million little stars above the skies that keeps on burning bright, I ask, O stars! Why you twinkle so bright? Aren't you ever tired especially at the night? But I get no replies because, well of course I don't because damn it they're stars -their only job is to burn and be bright like a star and I wonder how hard is it or how easy it is for their life to stay put and simply be themselves and already they are bright against the pitch-dark universe, already they stand out.

So I think, hang on I want to be a star! That's when the stars align and I try to figure out the answers. So I write to figure out to how to get the answers and I realize that I get my answers as I am writing, for the words align in my head and suddenly I burn very brightly not on the outside but slowly from the inside and this burning energy intensifies and I burn and burn and burn and suddenly I am unhappy no more only because there is no more emotions for me to burn anymore, but I keep on writing anyway because that is the only thing I know how to do as a human and the stars above wonder how's life below for me and the billions of humans below.