throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


First week flash backs
Friday, August 15, 2014 @ 8/15/2014 03:57:00 PM

I am deliriously happy. 

I believe I met the real life embodiment of Professor McGonagall and Flitwick :D The first lecture of Romanticism was as expected, really intimidating -I cannot express how thankful I was to turn up early. My professor is a small but formidable looking person that talks at the speed of a bullet-train. She spent a short 10mins briefing us about the syllabus and then went straight into content. In an 1hr25mins we covered 66 out of 75slides and I was so dazed by the end of the lecture. Her ability to recite very long quotes is as impressive as her lack of tolerance for stupidity, laziness and tardiness which she highlighted throughout the lecture. 

20th Century Literature made me v.excited to start reading everything! HAHA I finished "To the Lighthouse" ( random note: half way through the Romanticism lec, she mentioned that unlike some of her colleagues, she isn't so nice to give books like this one. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.) The two profs are the total opposite of each other. He is like a Big Friendly Giant (BFG) from the Road Dahl's children novel. I say this because he was worried for the late-comers when they couldn't find a seat!! HAHAHAH so cute! V.friendly prof :D I can see why my friend was gushing over him last semester. 

First lecture of 19th C was so boring! Yawn! I had trouble keeping myself awake because it felt like a history lesson. Then again, I rushed from the Science building and also nearly fell asleep while listening to Einstein's relativity concepts. This module is actually quite cool but I remembered gripping my chair when I heard that some "matrices and calculus" is required. I find the talk about Absolute Time and Space really intriguing and the prof is well, kinda like Leonard from the TBBT. I think it's because I woke up so bloody early for the Romanticism lecture(10-12) that by the 2-4 and 4-6 period, my brain cells felt so fried. 

NM1101E's first lecture was a total joke. The prof actually talked about Kim Kardashain's app and tried to link it to "Trans-Media". I felt like a senior though when I sat next to a freshie and explained tons of stuff to her (bidding, how I felt about most 1101e lectures and getting around school). However, once I confessed that I had to google how to reached the particular lecture theater we were at, she kind of gave me a you-kidding-me look and I think any thoughts of playing up the cool senior vibe evaporated.