throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


completed post!
Thursday, August 21, 2014 @ 8/21/2014 11:33:00 PM

Because you're a sky, you're a sky
full of stars. Such a heavenly view
You're such a heavenly view.

- A Sky Full of Stars, Coldplay

Chris Martin can pull off anything. I am so enthralled :D Nothing much to blog about these days because life has fallen into a routine. Meeting so many new people in such a short span of time has made me dizzy. I want ramen and blackball desserts. I need to stop eating. I need to start sleeping and running. I really want to read "colourless". I NEED MORE TIME!

And Time (t) is very interesting. Taking this physics module on Einstein and the Principle of Relativity had really made me reconsider Time in a whole new perspective. Something about Time Dilation really made me go like WTF in my head. I need to re-read my notes before I can express it better. Equations sadly, don't clarify things for me.

I remembered I left things hanging on this post. HAHA the good thing about routine student life is meeting people to eat during breaks. The bad thing is the opportunity cost of not studying instead during breaks. The no good nor bad moment is the time I spend during lectures which I pay attention to and feel motivated to start studying. Ok wait change to good thing. I enjoy my lit lectures especially Thursdays and Fridays the most. Incidentally, my Thursdays are the most jammed pack ones.  No wait change it to bad because I have so little time to execute my studying so I end up feeling more stressed instead.

Finishing To the Lighthouse, my feelings are all jumbled up. It isn't a pleasant book. It is difficult to read ( i say this constantly because this is really the most striking thing about it for me...) and feels almost pointless to define. I wonder why Woolf committed suicide. Reading her work, I found her to be an incredibly brave women whom possessed razor sharp awareness of herself and the world(s) she lived in. I wonder why she and Plath had to die. While they did commit suicide, I really don't think they choose death. Nobody chooses death. Death chooses you. It doesn't make sense and yet, it isn't suppose to. Any rationalization is insufficient to prove anything because by then, you're already just a dead body.

So perhaps the question is not why did they die but why do anyone choose to live? Reason once again, deals with that of the rational mind so the answer, likewise, is incomplete (if you ask me).

I can only say that up till now, I feel like living. This is my only true answer. It is not the best answer. And until then, if I ever stop feeling this way, it is only right, in some bizarre logical approach, to consider ending it. I once regarded committing suicide like choosing a drink. I daresay my opinion hasn't change yet.