throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Back to School
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 @ 1/15/2014 05:36:00 PM

Hmm so far definitely still in holiday  mood have been to school only for 2 days yet and I'm alive!!

Lets see here's a breakdown of my lessons:

BSP1004X Legal Envt of Sg: friendly prof hopefully will turn out alright. Not my favorite lesson so far (duh!) super dry plus I was sleep deprive that day. Woke up at 4am to watch Sherlock live streaming then I couldn't sleep at all till 10am and that was the time for it. 

Stared at the prof like she's a goldfish and she stared back at the Lt like we are the goldfish. For a mod that I bid 500ish pts less than half the students turned up for lecture...

EN2203(?) Intro to Film Studies: VERY FUN module because I actually watched most of Hitchcock films before and now I got someone to critically analyze it for me which is what I wanted all along. Problem arose when prof couldn't decide location so we shuffled between two during the first and second half of lecture.

Workload seems deceptively simple for now...hmm...I wonder. 

EN2271 Intro to Playwriting: Can't say much except that it's 100% not an academic lessons AT ALL. Apparently for such a highly selective module (there were only less than 15 people in the class out of all the applicants for this subject. Yes, you need to apply not bid)  what we did on the first class was kind of like a therapy session. I recommend this to people who are suffering from depression. YES ESTHER ARE YOU READING THIS?!

Tutor: Write your greatest fear which you believe.
Me: Dying alone without finding love.

Tutor: Stand in one line and tell me what you want.
Me: I want to lose weight.

Tutor: Write 5 things about yourself that you are good in and another 5 which you terrible in but have an interest towards it.
Me: (Reading, Writing, Talking Nonsense, Running, Pretending to be somebody)
       (Reading, Writing, Being Beautiful, Making Money, this module)

Basically this went on from 2-5pm.

Dunno whether I like it or not YET because the workload is mad. I repeat MAD. Not only do you have to write pageS of a new play EACH WEEK you also have to read and review another play as well. Not a fan of this workload.

Plus my lessons are terribly lonely now because all these mods mentioned above I took it without a friend :( and the film studies one it seems like everyone knows one another sigh...

Mercifully, I do have friends taking the Sociology and SoutheastAsian Studies module with me on Friday so phew!