throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


sleep late sleep later
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 @ 10/22/2013 09:50:00 PM

I am a 20 year old living the life of a 50 year old.

Today, I did a quick survey and asked my friends what time they head to bed everyday. Their answers were like, "oh roughly 1-2am tops" that's the average. One girl from my project group even told me, "actually I usually sleep at 4am".

WHAT THE SHIT?! Seriously? I am astounded just by the mere hours. Is that even normal? If I ever go to bed past 1am, the chances of me falling ill is already extremely high :O

I remember the excitement of sleeping late when I was young though, I think I was 10years old then or even younger and I would be terribly excited when I was still awake past midnight. It was a joy! My parents would be asleep and I felt as if it was the time that anything could happen. The whole house was mine and mine alone. My vivid imaginations (mostly as a result of reading too much fantasy storybooks) took the turn for the best and I transformed. A cook, a princess, a teacher, mistress of my room, a fairy hahahaha these roles are coming back to me...

And now! My body refuses to be awake past 1am! It's terrible and I feel terrible. I sleep early, wake up early, read news and observe the obituaries ( I no longer take notice of the pathetic comics strips), contemplate on drinking tea...essentially my behavior is no different from any other grandmothers minus their cats.

Youth is mocking me. This is completely unacceptable.