throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


the sun loves me.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 @ 7/23/2013 12:45:00 PM

I am convinced that the sun loves me.

It's true. I was watching the sun set last afternoon and while the sea was calm and the birds were peaceful, I was feeling oddly jittery.

Every second as the huge glowing ball of reddish orange light lowered itself slowly into the horizon, I was gripped with worry. I have no idea what exactly I'm worried about or why but I think it had to do with the idea that the day was about to end. Suddenly, I didn't want the sun to set.

Neither did the sun. She shined so brilliantly at me that I am convinced she was trying to say, "Help me! I love you too much to disappear into the horizon," and that was that but it still did in the end.

There was little wind as three small shapeless clouds stayed stiff and frozen across the salmon pink sky nearby the glorious sun while it was being pulled down.  But never mind the sun first, the three small clouds felt stubborn and ridiculous to me. Maybe because they weren't floating and I wanted them to. Or maybe because their lack of form made me mad. Clouds are suppose to have some shape. Either the face of Zeus or at least possessing the outline of my palm but these three clouds looked stupid.

The heat was unbearable though the sound of the endless waves caressing the shore helped soothe me just a bit. And I stood there, nervously and transfixed, watching the sun set with an unfounded desire to stop it.

One moment it was huge and magnificent, the next moment it radiated bright yellow rays of light that made the sea water shimmer and then bit by bit it was no longer a circle. It became smaller
and smaller, the lights around the sun became dimmer and dimmer until it was, all of a sudden, gone.

I stared blankly at the purplish blue sky now left with only random streaks of yellow painted poorly across it. Like an amateur's artist canvas. It was worse than what I've imagined. The sun's disappearance was too abrupt and though the process was slow and meticulous when it was gone it was truly gone.


The sky appeared to agree with me. The sun, they proclaimed, was taken away forcefully. It was an ugly sun set. Nature ought to be ashamed.

The three clouds then began to dissipate bit by bit into tinier fluff of mini clouds.

I remembered breathing a sigh of relief. So I wasn't the only one that felt that way! How anti-climatic.

I never wake up early enough to watch the sun rise. And I dislike sunsets. I think I am indeed, too demanding.