throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Now you see me (spoiler alert!)
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 @ 6/25/2013 01:32:00 AM


For all the hype surrounding "Now You See Me" the story line isn't that fantastic as many made it out to be. In fact, if anything the ending was pretty anti-climatic. The plot isn't smart, the characters were clearly not very well thought out and the magic involved were mostly CGI-ed effects.

I found it lacking in the wit of the Ocean's trilogy, the poignancy of the Illusionist and the depth of the Prestige. ( I highly recommend the Prestige to those who are feeling unsatisfied with NYSM)

While actors like Morgan Freeman and Jesse Eisenberg are skilled enough to hold and make many scenes believable on their own, the rest of the cast sort of fell flat or lacked chemistry. I'm hoping for a sequel though ;) the film itself concluded with many unanswered questions and hanging mini plot lines.

You don't have to think very hard for this film, just watch and accept the flashy tricks. The plot twist felt slightly forced given all the emphasis on "mis-direction" the choice of making the "hunter"/police turning out to be the mastermind of the four Horsemen at the end was rather obvious.

On a side note it is nice to see Isla Fisher acting smart for a change (hahha the last time I saw her on screen she was a ditzy shopaholic) and of course how can we forget our Haymitch from Hunger Games, actor Woody Harrelson!

At this rate, Jesse Eisenberg is going to get pigeon holed for always portraying the geeky fast talking smart alec persona.... the last time I saw him as Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network I think I have generally accepted that he is an excellent choice for playing such characters already.

I get so confused sometimes when I see him and Micheal Cera (guy from Juno) but he's certainly one of those indie star worth watching for together with Ezra Miller so let's hope for more!