throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


how to train your parents
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 @ 5/15/2013 12:26:00 PM

I remembered there was a time when my parents were quarreling and coincidentally on the same night, one of my guy friends called me out for drinks with a bunch of other friends.

So obviously I was VERY reluctant to go but I couldn't really come up with a good enough excuse. So I told the girl why tactfully and she went on to tell him. Here's what he said and I don't think I can ever forget the way he said it.

J: WTF! JUST COME OUT WITH US! They are parents! They are suppose to solve their own fucking shit! Come out who knows when you return they will be fine. Fuck just come!

And I thought about this for a while. I weighed down the number of times I went out with my friends vs the number of times I was with my parents. I thought about how many times I stuck by my parents but obviously am not appreciated hahaha

I went out in the end and came back at past midnight.

Everything was alright :) sometimes having a heck care attitude is the best way to care.

Mother's Day was over not long ago and well, my family (exclusive of my younger sister) absolutely loathe celebrating such events (inclusive of birthdays, funerals, weddings, any form of stupid gatherings and festive festivals). Eating out was crazy packed everywhere...the hordes of people was no joke. (Seriously I think there is some conspiracy here maybe we have already hit 6m population without us knowing...) we went to walk the streets of Orchard but gave up after a while. Badly burnt by the sun + hungry + tired.

I wished my mum Happy Mother's Day and she said it's such a commercial gimmick in a im-totally-fine-without-it tone.

That's the thing about my mum, she is NOT anything like a mum.

I once asked her how was it like giving birth to us. AND YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID? Not "its such a beautiful spiritual thing" nor " I felt so blessed to have you guys" .

She said " it was like shitting except imagine double the pain" and then she looked at us like pieces of shit. WTS.

The best way to celebrate Mother's Day with her is to not remind her that she's a mum. And she's very realistic on how I can pay her back in future for all the things she did for me.

A Louis Vuition or Chanel bag.

Yes, we are close like that.