throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


silenced by the night
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 @ 7/17/2012 09:38:00 PM

Had my first ever housewarming with a guest. Was still pretty fantastic though, Darling Partner was in her usual full-of-rubbish sweet self and I was in my panic/awkward brilliant host mode.

Ate chicken rice w/ beer Ribenna and had a long nonsensical intellectual talk about love, life and relationships. Came to the conclusions that we were both going to die alone independent females of tomorrow, hopelessly in love with the idea of being in love and likes to control everything in life have strong aspirations for the future.

Sitting at the benches, we enjoyed being the meals of mozzies the majestic beauty of the night, contemplated on the theory of Karma and on my part, learn abit more about Shimin (there is nothing much to learn about me, I'm an open book plus constantly irrational I don't even know myself well sometimes...).

Just as we celebrated her supposedly life-altering decision to finally own a phone with internet (or so she assume, wait till you get an iPhone then you know what it is to feel God-like) while she tried to court death by persuading me to drive without a license/ allow her to drive after drinking.

As much as I tried to absorb Shimin's zen life detachment towards life; living things/non-living things, I think I will never reach her stage. How on earth can one classify people so... how should I put this, neutrally?!

Anyway, in our moment of drunkenness/highness/craziness ABSOLUTE CLARITY, we decided to become future roommates and even high-fived to seal the deal. Laid down some ground rules involving bringing home future prospective boyfriends I mean cleanliness and housekeeping, before Shimin decided to get drunk and demolish the idea :( hmph!
We even settled on location!! ROAR! WHY?!?! (I refuse to accept this just as I refuse to accept that being of normal BMI does not make one's weight to be socially acceptable! )

All in all, it was a brilliant night. (See now, future bf you have high standards to meet lol) Listened to random songs from Darling Partner's recommended list of Chinese music (that are mostly based on good looking Taiwanese musicians with guitars =.= tsk tsk hahah ok kidding some are really good!) to Bon Jovi's 'Dont Give Love a Bad Name' at 12am.

Ended with stupid 'Call Me Maybe' (that bloody song kept me awake till 1am in the morning!) and by then, even the act of peeing feels unreal and made me dizzy.

Don't think I can ever take the stress of being a host ever again. Next time let's just go watch a movie or something hahaha you know like THE DARK NIGHT RISES maybe?