throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


27th Sept. The Casual Vacancy
Monday, April 16, 2012 @ 4/16/2012 05:10:00 PM

You know sometimes, I know EXACTLY what I am going to do in the future.

Specifically on the 27th of September.

I am going to put on HOLD whatever I am doing to get my hands on JK Rowling's The Casual Vacancy. Then I am going to speed read it.

And THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING TOO!

ALL HAIL JK ROWLING!! *Hyperventilate and faints*

For more information: jkrowling.com

P.S: For those who are curious what house they will be in if they ever enter Hogwarts don't be afraid to try the Sorting Hat on :) you can easily find out at Pottermore.

This is totally an advertisement post.

At least there is something to look forward to in life since last week went quite badly for me. I received news of my Grandad going to hospital and my parents were having the Cold War. I know my previous post sounded fun but that's because for once in my life I decided to stop forcing both parties to talk and just let them settle it themselves.

I'm surprised that people find it surprising that I will intervene in my parents fight. Well, considering that they rarely fight everytime they do, I feel like I have to you know do something. But whatever. My CCA friend -Yi Chong was right. He told me to not give a damn and go join them for a night out. It worked.

Their fight dissolved better than expected considering that I left them on their own. Perhaps I do have to give them some credit after all. They are adults arent they? So why behave like kids in the first place huh ? Somethings are just not within our control we can only do so much. Just like Ah Gong having dementia while his physical health deteriorate rapidly too.

Ok maybe my tactic to resolve their fight was to act like some reckless teenager too, going out with makeup and short skirt announcing to both of them I am going drinking with my friends, you guys better get your shit together and start talking. Then I marched out of house with my nose in the air. They didn't respond to this at first but when I left house my dad was playing guessing games with my sister to figure out which part of Clarke Quay I was at. Jiali told me.

I know, very childish on my part but hey all well ends well.

Last week I was just thinking so much. When I said "cooping myself up and rejecting offers to go out," I was really contemplating about my family issues. But time heals and binds us.

Moments like this, I don't think I want to ever get married. So troublesome. Plus I'm not sure about the "binding part" its more of tolerance, acceptance, nonchalance.

Acceptance scares me. Its like old couples that admit to fate that they are stuck to one another no choice but to move on. Too old to divorce, too old to remarry. That's totally the situation for my grandma grandad. Tolerance is still ok I guess. Nonchalance is only after accepting the above fact and then realising you know longer freaking care.