throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


my journey with fashion
Wednesday, February 8, 2012 @ 2/08/2012 12:11:00 AM

For those of you who don't know Mary Kate and Ashley, well seriously get a life. I mean they are honestly my greatest fashion idols :D Not even Kate Moss beats them. This is really random but one of these days I'm going to perfect my makeup skills and somehow look like them. No kidding. Remember the far away post about me learning make up a year ago? Well, it finally happened. I'm going into makeup for real (ok fine, I have too much time on my hands so what?! So go learn driving! Shut up stop talking to yourself!)


Anyway aren't the two of them fantastic? Super into fashion these days ever since I got out of my simple-clear-cut phase last month (I was forever decked in crisp white shirt, Uniqlo cuts and unisex-save-the-earth shit) :D its like my Secondary 2 days again! OMG I was so into Fashion when I was in Sec2 (14yrs old me) I could literally list out the labels, designers, collection etc...No doubt my results plunged Wait actually just Maths LOL after my intensive loss of interest in them BUT hey I saved myself during the finals hehehee. I mean I was so mesmerised about "finding your own style", "living a fashionista life" stuff that knowing the latest Marc Jacobs ad/ imitating Aggy was like basic Science knowledge and survior skills to me.

So anyway I phased out after that and went to a more Cinematic vibe. I was all about Films after fashion. Hitchcock, Brunel, Wong Kar Wai, Francis Ford Coppola, you name it. I watched it. HAHA seriously, I even borrowed tons of books about films plus can quote most of the iconic film lines ever. Rosebud. This was also partly because my "fashionista" life left me penniless ( I spent all my money on the Obvious plus fashion magazines are expensive even more now that Borders is closed) and what's the closer alternative to the glitz and glamour? Film. The Trenchcoat, cigars, RayBans, black and white style. Oh, I also found my love for Jazz Music somewhere around that time too. What A Wonderful World anyone? But not digressing to my Music Journey ( Lol Pop to Jpop to Chinese to Oldies to really Chinese-Oldies to Classical to Jazz to Kpop to K-Indie...omfg the list can go on)

Then finally! Ever since then, I moved on to the more Literature spirit aka don't care what you wear as long as you have the 'ttude ( yes spelled like that) becaue film and literature were so closely linked, I devoured the Classics (Austen, Dickens..), Indie ? (Chbosky, Egan..), Awardwinning ( Barnes, Coetzee..), Jap/Indian lit (Murakami, long indian author names that I cannot spell and cannot recall) so on. The love for books was always there already but the year when I got my first bookstore card, FWAH it was like VROM! all the books just came pouring in.

SO now we come to a full cycle! I like dressing up again ( probably have to do with the Taiwan Trip I keep FANTASIZNG seriously, I dont fantasize about guys I fantasize about outfits+makeup that I'll bring there. I'm going to die alone. ) But this time its slightly different from the 14year old me. Of course with age comes wisdom MUAHAHAA I think(?) I know for sure what DON'T suits me, what I like, what makes me looks old etc... Having a flea market gives me a clearer view of my style ( I sold some stuff with no regrets AT ALL its like WTH are they doing in here anyway?) so

.
.
.

SHOP ON !
(And hopefully still have some money to buy clothes in Taiwan)