throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


and I'm saving all my love for yoooou
Monday, February 13, 2012 @ 2/13/2012 10:56:00 AM

First Michael, now Whitney. I don't really know what to say. Whitney Houston. Just hearing her name alone already have so much star power. You know she's one hell of a singer and her songs, one hell of a song.


I cried yesterday ( and its not even PMS) after hearing the news about her death and listening to her songs on the radio. Really. And my mum was so shocked too, both after hearing the news and seeing me cry it turns out that seriously, her songs did impact me more than I thought.



Just some of my favourites. Of course, I'm sure most people are familiar with the ones below, their like her classic hits. I'm not going to say I know ALL her songs but just these few songs alone makes me feel out of the world when I listen to them. Plus there is hardly any good singers out there these days GOSH it makes me so emotional to think that we can NEVER hear another voice like hers again.








"I Will Always Love You" and the world too to you, Whitney, we will always love you. I remembered when I was a kid, the first time I heard the song I tried singing along, holding my breath non stop....it totally became one of my karaoke favourite to sing in the bathroom.








And then there was "When You Believe". I knew the song from the Dreamworks movie "The Prince of Egypt" and the scene it was taken from was moving enough please! When Moses led them all to the promised land against all odds. I cried in the movie and hearing it again just makes me cry even harder. It's not one of Whitney's greatest hits and I don't care if the critics don't like it. I love it!








Finally, this. "One Moment in Time". They played it for the Olympics back then and the way she sang it was like breath-taking. Honestly, the whole set up, the crowd, her voice. It was perfect. Because nothing mattered at all, at that moment in time, its like everyone is all united, soaking up her awesomeness, and in a weird chessy moment loving the person next to you. That the power of her music.



So there. Whitney, we are saving all our love for you.