throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


impasse
Thursday, November 17, 2011 @ 11/17/2011 11:10:00 AM

Since we are going to die anyway so lets hasten to the chase.
I am so doomed after the 2 killer papers, I've never been more depressed.
Honestly, I think I've reached an impasse with studying.

Totally chilling now with blogging and listening to Oasis

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do




Credited: LateAfternoon
   I'm a rather gloomy for an 18teen years old. Considering that within a span of 24 hours, 5 people have told me that. I talk like I will drop dead any moment. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M SUICIDAL hahaahaha I just can't bring myself to talk in some falsely cherry voice when I'm not. So yeah I'm not one who kills myself. Really I still have tons of things I want to accomplish in life.

So anyway anyone heard of Midnight in Paris? Yes? Well, I thought so. I wanted to talk about this the moment it was release in Singapore since I watched it about a month ago but oh well..

The sheer power of "Woody Allen production" is enough to drive me running now the theatre. Like birds to honey. Wait its bees. For people familiar with me, I repeat. THIS IS NOT AN ARTSY SHOW. In a true Woody Allen fashion ~ romance and life in the Parisian way. I loooooovvve his scriptwriting.

Here's the trailer :






Alright so you can see my attraction right? The lost decade of writers, artists and musicians. HAHA I love the scene with Salvador Dali ( darling partner should be familiar with him :D ) and Luis Brunel. Loaded with inside jokes I swear if you don't know them its a tad confusing but still adorable.

Carla Bruni ( who I think look damn drop dead gorgeous for a First Lady of France ) makes a cameo that was utterly brilliant. I still listen to her songs by the way, it has this myserious quality to it. While the guy who played Ernest Hemmingway was hilarious.

Watch this:






ROFL. So him right?!

Ok I think I'm gushing now. But sigh the Romantic idea of going back in time and all. I see alot of myself in the Owen Wilson character. This is one of the best movie I've watched for 2 years. That's a darn compliment considering that I'm always so picky. So watch it! I'm cutting short the review because I got another story to recommend!!

Say hell-Oh to HUNGER GAMES!!







*JUMPS LIKE CRAZY FOR JOY* I mean I'm not biggest fan of Suzanne Collins but the Hunger Games series was something I felt strongly about during my J1 year. I knew I didnt have the time and energy to continue another series after pinning for Twilight series ( it was around that time ) and I didn't wanted to be disappointed yet again. So it was all a miracle when Zoey kept pressing me to read it and obviously I did. I think I even did a review here right? ARGH I kept scrolling to find it apparently I didn't archive it properly I think because I am sure I did. Can someone tell me where is the post?

I mean you can totally see Zoey in it. It was a like a cross-over of George Orwell's 1984 meets Battle Royale. Highly recommended to people like Shimin haha I think you will enjoy it :) it was the second series I thought worthy after Harry Potter.

Still, not fantastic. Alright planning to go find The Importance of Being Earnest in Kino so all the best for the rest of the papers :D