throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


the untouchables of the school
Monday, September 19, 2011 @ 9/19/2011 11:57:00 AM

You know how most schools are in post prelims full swing revision mode now? 老朋友 was just telling me how her school sorted her into different LTs based on results and she was being emo about it. I sympathetically told her that I'll probably wont be too happy either considering the sinking sensation I felt after a couple of papers.

Well, this leads me to wonder if there is a point of comparison between schools that engage in such segregation and society that rank the various classes.

I mean look at the caste system in India. You have the Brahmins, the Kshatriyas, the Vaishyas etc... and of course my favourite, the Untouchables ( the lowest of the lowest rank with a very cool name).
Those who bring honour to the school, those who basically is part of the school and those who are treated like vermin. HAHA!

The upper class, middle class and lower class.

It is interesting to note that such crude practices are still evident in the very core structure of our education system. Schools, where knowledge is passed on to the future generations and learning is based on how much is your capacity to take in knowledge rather than how much you want to learn. Ps this capacity to take in knowledge is then again based on the sets of examinations taken by ever student to measure the amount of "smartness" in each and everyone of us. And these examinations are pieces of papers set by our very own teachers who undergo the very same practice back in their days... Haha the vicious cycle!

I'm not complaining I mean it's the most democratic and meritocratic way to do it. Unless you got better ideas, just accept the sad truth of reality... Lol which is why I wont pro-create!!! If ever the end of the world is coming I choose reforming some sort of political system/finding a cure/preserving the knowledge of mankind over pro-creating!!! Haha too much tbbt...

Whether the caste system in school is for the better or worse I do not know but what I do know is that such divide is here to stay. After all, we can't possibly have everyone that is smart or everyone that is born to be Kings...surely someone has to clean the shit.