throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


BIA- back in action!
Saturday, June 12, 2010 @ 6/12/2010 01:28:00 PM

To all who missed me like crazy, I am back!

AND ALIVE.

Aren't you all proud of me? I survived camp and came home in one piece! (except for the bruises on my ankle as a result of the three legged race tied next to 2 guys with super long legs... but still)

I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY :D

Leadership Training Camp was complete mix of American Reality TV show and the Korean Variety Show-Family Outing hahaha.

Why I said so is because...

In summary, the good parts were exactly like FO during some bits. The morning duties,(yes there are morning duties!) the dynamics/bonds shared with the BEST GROUP EVER ( EXOTHERMIC!) and basically all the activities played very like SURVIVAL kind can! HAHA for someone who is not so adventure-camp inclined, I am surprised I enjoyed it!

THE BAD PART WAS THAT EVERY ACTION TAKEN IS SCRUTINIZED TO THE SMALLEST DETAILS BY THE TEACHERS + SENIORS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SCARY THAT WAS. Every time we played, every tiny thing we say was to be reflected at the end of the day during a super tense session called "reflections" time. It was extremely stressful.

Ok if you watch The Apprentice, its like the period of time when Donald Trump says " you're fired" that kind of scenario. We sit in a circle as our teachers report their "feedback" about us at the end of the day. SUPER tiring + uncomfortable + tense moments. Like Project Runway when you hear the judges give the criticism to the designers. Completely intimidating and it stretches for a few hours.

OTHER THAN THAT....WE ROCK! Hahahaha I LOVE the Amazing Race! And guess what, I'm super proud of myself for the high elements.

I never knew I am able to:

1. Climb a high pole.
2. Place two feet on top of the high pole with nothing to hold.
3. Jump off from the high pole in an attempt to catch the trapeze.

IT IS FRIGHTENING I SWEAR! Looking from the ground up above, when the first guy bravely start first, I already told myself that I am so not doing it. BUT I DID! AND IM SHOCKED! GASP! ( Although I screamed my lungs out when I was up there and leaped off... my stupid group was counting down and I had no choice!! HEHE :D )

Since we did the Pole Challenge first, ( Everyone swore it was the hardest among the 3 ) the later height elements didn't really have much of the strong impact on me... flying fox was bearable and so was the the high elements obstacle course...

HAHA the Amazing Race was fun but yet at times frustrating... we got held up at the West Coast Park Challenge.. if you know there is this gigantic pyramid there made out of ropes for people to climb, WE GOT SUPER STUCK THERE. The challenge was to count the total number of edges + triangles that make out this pyramid.... WTH! like totally WTH! O.O.

Haw Par Villa Challenge was funny :))) and so was the one at YOG Centre opposite Crescent! HAHA I successfully lead my team there OF COURSE.

Anyway, it turned out a bit better than I thought so :))) but honestly, I am more confused about my character than ever before.... stupid personality quizzes... they do nothing to help... We took another set of personality quiz to identify what kind of BIRD you are and mine proves to be contradicting one again. THE HAWK- is what I am identified with.. hmmm... Compeitive and insensitive.. WHERE GOT?! YOU TELL ME .... since when am I the cold unfeeling kind!? ROAR!