throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


Monday, May 31, 2010 @ 5/31/2010 09:07:00 PM

Recently, I've been reading plenty of health magazines. Especially when I'm bored in the bus, at cafes, on the train etc... And coincidentally all of them seems worse than horror stories because all of them features some form of segment about health related problems. THAT PART SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME.

All of a sudden, cancer seems as if it can spread anywhere anyhow anytime! FWAH! These articles usually include reminding you to go for check-ups + include health tips + how cancer patients share their "journey to recovery" blablablabla...Damn freaky. I swear! Imagine having breast cancer! OMG! How serious is that!!! In fact any kind of cancer involving hair removal for chemo is scary and awful.....Health used to be one of my lowest priority in life until the strike of the health magazines I've been devouring! GAH!

I don't fear death, I fear suffering and most of all loneliness. ME needs people. I doubt I can survive alone. Wait shouldn't ALL PEOPLE FEEL THAT WAY TOO? :)

Digressing, there is common trend I spotted recently. PURCHASING SCHOOLS STUFF EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF IT. Seriously. I overhearded an interesting conversation in 186 once again...

Girl A: You are in SAJC? I like their "once a saint always a saint" shirt leh! Help me buy!

Girl B: HAHAHA. Nice right?

Girl A: YA! I want! Help me get lah! -Proceed by countless comparison of school products ... After a while Girl B said: " Eh actually I'm not from SA, not that smart....*awkward silence* is another friend help me buy one luh. Can try to get for you...."


Then I blank out from their conversation already. Eavesdropping is unhealthy. But I heard enough. So the question is: Will you buy a school branded item even if you are not from there?

EVERYONE IS DOING IT! I SWEAR! During the gathering for Mel's concert, YehChi totally brought 2 stacks of RJC paper from 186bf ! Furthermore she plans to get AC shirt from Kris! Told me this is common because her friend is also doing it. AND then just this Sunday, my dad wanted to get a Singapore Poly Shirt from my cousin =.= WTH?!

I totally don't get the point of this phenomenon. More like I don't understand why my own dad is purchasing clothes when he has tons?! ROAR!

Is it because of the price, or is it a new way to look cool, or perhaps a sinister form of identification? Do you think HC/RI people will want to wear other schools clothes/buy other school stuff? Hmm I wonder...even if the items for that matter do look appealing can't I get something better from normal retail shops? Why schools?

I do not know. And do not care. As long as I am concern, I am only willing to support the schools that I truly belong in. :D Why bother the trouble? Curiouser and curiouser.