throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


the path ahead.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 @ 1/20/2010 08:58:00 PM

天下的父母(?)很难做啊!

I realise that there are many sides to my dad. Living with him for 16 years I thought I had a full grasp of what he is like already. I thought wrong! Before he left for his overseas trip he hinted to me that he would like me to be a doctor, lawyer, professor or minister! WTH! Those paths are the ones I never wished to take :( ... and it wasn't easy for me to decide on my career path ( pondered on the idea of myself being a business women-something in finance or marketing. In such a way, it seems more interesting--I didn't had a quart-life crisis for nothing =.= )

BUT I NEVER KNEW HE WAS SO OLD FASHIONED IN THIS- gah-i-don't-even-know-what-to-say. (meant it in a neutral way.. i like old fashion..but but but this just give me a whole new headache altogether. )

I replied him that I could try marrying one instead of becoming one and he told me, " anything but a housewife then". Okay. I can fulfil that part for you :)))) .

天下的孩子也不容易做!

Not only do I have to reconsider my entire future now but have to seriously wonder if I'm doing the right thing.

You see, if I plan to be cough-lawyer-cough. The main problem should be if I can make it. HONESTLY STUDYING LAW?! You kidding me!? The road to success just seemed so impossible and difficult. Now lets just say... lets imagine that I manage to overcome the hardworking part... there comes problem two, the morale question of helping the baddies. Hmm maybe the sight and smell of cash might dispel those thoughts. So skip to problem three what if I am not satisfied with my life and ends up regretting for picking up this career, suffering from depression and loss of interest in life?!

Which goes back to the factors that might affect how I choose my career choice. Is it about being passionate or pragmatic ?!

Sigh I just want to earn alot of money so pragmatic it is. But I take literature! ( I know what the heck does this got to do with what I'm saying. Well that means I am a dreamy person! ) But one thing for sure I am not very career minded. Not really bothered on what I do as long as I have $$$$! plenty and plenty of $$!