throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


wine and C.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 @ 8/25/2009 09:08:00 PM


Yesterday night pass like no tomorrow. Everybody has issues as I realised, its our attitude that makes the difference. Usually when problems/disappointment hits you, the easiest way out is to roll over and die. Something of that sort happened yesterday,but at least we emerge stronger and clearer today.


Let me just clear the doubts, without revealing who and who lets just call her C. So, one stormy cool night C. popped by my house, carrying at least 4 bottles of wine. Expensive wine I must add. and we drank till overnight and polished off everything ( yup just the 3 of us) or at least 11.30 for me. Drowsy and with alcohol infused in my bloodstream it was a best night I ever had. The first time I ever slept so well ( aka no nightmares or insomnia) ever since the beginning of this year. C. obviously had certain relationship problems and she, leading her hedonistic life, simply numbed them. Unlike me, she can't numb them without the help of alcohol.

At first it started out as normal drinking, just pouring into glasses but as we get more drunk, we simply drank from the source. I know uncontrolled, unpolished and uncivilised right?


I was consolingly her but as we continued, the next hour I totally felt like she was consoling me too. I blabbed about my own life disappointments etc the latest Chinese results while she, about her love and future. Surprisingly the whole time, we were not crying yet breaking in mirthless laughter. The kind that sounds quite hysterica. I think that's the thing about wine, it makes you feel all fuzzy and warm and also a surge of unsourced highness and confidence. Quite cool near the end as we are not brainless drunkard we simply are tired and if you are wondering nobody puked.


C left at I don't know what time but I think she couldn't have drove back. For me, I certainly did not find this session particularly useful as I merely just sink deeper into my guilt. Not helping for, I could have spent the time burying myself with work which was another better way to numb myself 'cos then I would be so busy that I forget what exactly am I unhappy about. The only reassuring thing was that at least I know not everyone is so friggin happy and pleased with the world, making me sadistically- happier.


Side note : Well, I certainly did the mass dance more exuberantly today and I blamed it on the undiluted alcohol left in my body. Zoey and Jasmine totally made me got into the gist, shaking their thang on stage.