throughthelookingglass
about
To be honest there is nothing much about me worth knowing. I live in an island, enjoys being a photographer at times and dance like no one else business. Thats all. I can't think what to write for now so it just stays like this. Welcome to the little life of mine and lets try not to get utterly bored, shall we?

archives


We're all mad here


thefinger
Thursday, July 16, 2009 @ 7/16/2009 03:31:00 PM

To start the long story let me say this first : do not judge me or try this at home/outside.

Lately, I have been in a number of horrible bus-ride experiences. I have also been wondering is it my fault or theirs. The odd thing was, I thought I was a rather pleasant person. But actually everyone likes to think of themselves as considerate kind citizens. Thinking back, it must be the influence of Ms Chia, my father, Harry Potter mania and Radiohead's song that made me did it.

To get to the point, this was the first time I ever did it ( and I truly hope it is the last) . And damn, it felt good. Not as in the action to be exact, I'm not really a vulgar person. But the expression of the two girls was quite intriguing.

Being in 186 alone and on the verge of sleeping after the late night, I was definitely not in the mood to be all cheerful and polite. I simply stuffed my headphones on and hibernate, listening to well, my kind of music. Now that's when all the madness begin.

Two girls who sat right behind me were blasting high pitched frequency ring tones. The kind you hear on the advertisement and then proceeds to switch off the TV. I swear it was so high pitched that for a split second, I thought I was going insane. Praying that they will stop that after like 5 bus stops and got sick of it, I was so wrong. They giggled after every time the ring tone played.

So it was like : EEEEEEEEEEEEEE (weird high pitched tone ) ....heheheehehe.. ( giggling) ...HAHAHA ( maniacal laughter)

Now combine with my own train of thoughts : Five more stops. Five more stops. Five more stops. Try to resist, try to resist. Should I turn back and asked them to stop? No wait, why not change seats instead? Don't do anything stupid. Reaching soon. Ok If I hear it one more time I shall take action. But what action? Never mind fake sleep.

To get the full picture. : EEEEEEEEEEEEEE (weird high pitched tone ) ....heheheehehe.. ( giggling) ...HAHAHA ( maniacal laughter) Five more stops. Five more stops. Five more stops. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE (weird high pitched tone ) ....heheheehehe.. Reaching soon. Ok If I hear it one more time I shall take action. But what action? EEEEEEEEEEEEEE (weird high pitched tone ) ....heheheehehe.. ( giggling) ...HAHAHA. Never mind fake sleep.

I must admit first that I am a cowardly person. For one, despite all my various pre planned actions in my own head that I planned to execute, I did nothing. My failed meek attempt was turning around slightly staring at them for less than 5 seconds and turning back- resuming my fake sleep cover. Furthermore, it was 2 to 1 and if we were actually to have a body/verbal combat, I am outnumbered. Plus, one of them was as thin as an baby killer whale.

Thus with no ideas nor courage, I simply boarded out without doing anything. Now, the moment I tapped my card, the loud beep! seems to ring something in my brain. "Hey, you are out of the bus now, phew." I walked out slowly due to weariness and tried to catch a peek of them through the glass. To my utmost horror, they were staring straight back at me. That was when the impulse thought hit me. I smiled back in a rather sickly sweet manner, ( the kind that makes you want to puke) and they smiled back. As if analysing each other, I raised the finger and then winked. And immediately after that, all the false bravo faded as soon as it came for I hurried away once more. Coward! my head screamed. So I turned back to look as the bus heading off but- just in time to see the shocked faces of theirs.

I wonder is this stupidity or insanity, but I must say, the kick and thrill you get is one of a kind.

Source: oh no I forgotten!